Zoonotic diseases are those diseases that can be transmitted from animals to humans. There are simple steps that you can take to protect yourself and your family from zoonotic diseases caused by parasites. Our recommendations include:
• Control your environment by regularly removing your pet’s stool from your yard or litter box. This prevents re-infecting the environment.
• Practice good personal hygiene by washing your hands after you handle your pet. This protects you from accidental ingestion of parasites eggs.
• Submit a stool sample at least once per year so that we can check it for parasites at a microscopic level. This allows us to remove intestinal parasitic infestations effectively and efficiently from your pet.
• Administer parasite prevention every 30 days years round. In case of exposure, this protects your pet from developing an infestation.
• Make an appointment for your pet’s wellness exam, at least once per year. This allows the veterinarian to detect and inform you of any changes to your pet’s health or changes in the previously mentioned recommendations.